Friday, March 16, 2012

It's One of Those Days Again

I was hanging out with some friends last night and once again, I was the 5th wheel.

Sometimes, being the 5th wheel sucks. Big time.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time. But as I finished my glass of wine, I clearly saw that I was utterly single. I pleaded to God to act quickly and introduce me to my husband already. My heart was racing as I panicked while my heart sank with the reality that I (might) have not met him yet.

If you've read my posts from the beginning, you might think that I'm 100% put together when it comes to these things, but I'm only human. Sometimes, I get sad and lonely too.

I did say in my earlier posts that this blog is everything about being single, both highs and lows. As positive as my previous posts on the single season are, just like you, I go through the lows too. One of the reasons why I started this blog was also because during moments like this, I needed reminding myself.

There are mostly good and great days, but there are these days that just makes me wonder, "Will he ever come?", "Will I ever get married?" or "Will God really answer my prayer?"

Truth is, I could never give a definite answer to these questions, only God can. I surrender to this thought each time.

Photo taken from heisallworthit.tumblr.com

This verse is the secret to waiting gracefully. Sometimes we tend to forget but when I rely on God to give me the strength, He always instantly comes through as if rescuing me from my worries. Waiting gracefully is not about us or our season of waiting, it's about what God can do with our lives as we wait. Reminding myself once again now, I feel a little less lonely and if you're single like me, I hope it helps you too.

-oOo-


1 comment:

  1. I truly believe that you will find THE ONE in God's time. Just listen carefully and let God guide you to him.

    ReplyDelete