Thursday, March 15, 2012

iLove


I love lasagna,
I love milk tea,
I love shopping,
and I love to travel.

All these things I say I love so I must really love them.

Come to think of it, we say the word "love" a lot, oftentimes exchanging it with the word "like" or "enjoy".

Love isn't overrated, the word is just misused - a lot of times.

So what does love really mean?

I've probably answered dozens of slam books when I was in grade school and each slam book that I've come across would always have the questions "Define Love". And I remember not knowing what to answer so I would just write whatever the popular answer that time was.

During fifth grade, I asked my Chinese teacher to answer my slam book and when I saw what her answer was under "Define Love", she wrote, "1 Corinthians 13 : 1-13". I had no idea what that meant.

Until recently.
Photo taken from blog.blogwithgod.com 

One of the things I've been praying for (second to my husband) is for God to prepare my heart for marriage. Many times we forget that love is of utmost importance for a marriage to succeed (it's not all about compatibility). But since people tend think love is overrated or simply because it's just so hard to do, we give in to our relational issues and create smudges in our relationships that started with a clean slate, a promise to always love each other.

Photo from "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein 

Love isn't just being being a giver, it's giving all you can. Love isn't just about forgiving, it's forgiving and forgetting. You just don't say "I love you", you show it.

Love is demonstrated in the small and big things, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, until you breathe your last.

So next time you say you love someone, do him/her a favor;
Say it with all your heart and show it with all your might.


-oOo-

No comments:

Post a Comment