Monday, June 11, 2012

USA 2012

The United States is one of my favorite countries. I know, duh, right? But I go there not just because they have Disneyland and huge malls, but for the food (this is where the food part of the blog comes in), weather, scenery and of course, family (I don't know anyone who doesn't have relatives in the US).
My friends and I casually talked about wanting to go to the US til we found ourselves preparing for it, finding an apartment in San Francisco, booking our tickets and planning our itineraries. 

This is one of the best parts of being single. The traveling - the kind where we're away for a month and a half. Many people react violently when we say we'll be out for over a month and we're just thankful that we've been so blessed to have the means and the time to go on this trip. We figured then that it was now or never.


I organize my things on my bed before placing them inside my luggage. I'm an OC packer. I have a list for everything so I don't forget. I also have an Excel file of my outfits so that all my clothes match and so I don't have to over pack since the luggage allowance for PAL is only 2 pieces of luggage with a maximum weight of 25kg.



My Onitsuka Tiger walking shoes remind me of USPS (United States Postal Service). The guys from Onitsuka in Shangri-la told me they were walking shoes and I know some who do wear them on walking trips so I bought a pair. Honestly, I like my old Nike ballet flats better. They were more comfortable when hiking on those hilly San Francisco streets.



Travel-friendly bags to match my outfits



Coupons (trying to mimmick TLC's Extreme Couponing). True enough, I did save a whole lot shopping (especially in Target)!



Pretzel M&M's (my in-flight snack), check!



T-Mobile sim card, check!



Passport with US Visa, money (Philippine peso for the travel and airport tax and US Dollars), phones, ID, pen and wipes, check!



Just as I predicted - my luggage was full and still weighed less than 25kg (I had 2 check-in baggage). 




I really like my violet/lime green Delsey lightweight luggage. Only 3.6 kg!


The next time I saw my luggage, I was already in la-la-land! :)

-oOo-







No comments:

Post a Comment